Sunday 16 September 2012

TOPSHOP Unique Live

I just watched the live stream of the Topshop Unique show on their website, and I loved it! That's not to say it was my favourite collection that they've done, because it wasn't, but I loved the actual experience of watching it. 

At the risk of sounding far too old and boring, it was really beautiful to see so clearly how our experience of fashion has been affected by modern technology and social media. While you watched the live stream in the centre, you could also buy what you were seeing on the runway, buy the make up that had been used, take pictures from the show and publish them straight to Facebook, and directly download the soundtrack from iTunes. All from the same page. Call me old-fashioned, but I thought that was pretty incredible. 

As for the actual show, I loved the atmosphere, with the spaceship-esque runway and the eerie music, but I couldn't help feeling that the clothes weren't that exciting in comparison to previous years. I know they were going for simple and minimalistic, but I think it came off a tiny bit boring. Having said that, I did love the manly, oversized jackets and trousers, and the muted colour scheme with bright yellow every now and then was amazing. My absolute favourite look was the black and white chiffon-y dress with the yellow jacket (third picture down).  

Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying LFW, and I'll probably end up posting again soon, since there are so many shows I'm looking forward to! 

P.s. I'm sorry about the fairly awful picture quality, but I "shot" them myself, according to the Topshop website, so I felt obligated to use them. 







1 comment:

  1. Hey I've nominated you for an award! Come over to my blog to see more xoxo

    ReplyDelete