Saturday 25 September 2010

Alberta Ferretti S/S 11.














I hold my hands up, I am a failure of a fashion blogger. 

Until now, I have completely ignored the new season. It just feels so wrong to be thinking about spring and summer and cloudless skies and bare legs, when it's six degrees outside and all I want to do is pile on my cashmere sweaters, pull on my (gorgeous) new, furry, platform boots, curl into a ball and not emerge for a good few weeks. And it's not even October. 

But I have to say, this show inspired me. Despite the temperature and the fact that I am actually wearing ski socks, I did not find it at all difficult to imagine dancing around in a grassy field and soaking up the sunshine. The floaty shapes, sheer, weightless fabrics and muted florals are so romantic. The stars of the show were, of course, the beautiful, floor-length skirts and dresses. Which are, essentially, princess dresses. The kind of fairytale garments that every little girl dreams of wearing, and every grown woman still wants to wear.

The best thing about this show was what a change it was for Ferretti, whose previous shows I have always found so prim and proper. This new imaginative, fantasy femininity has transformed my opinion, definitely for the better. I do love it when a designer surprises me, and I would also like to thank her for stopping me from going into hibernation.

No comments:

Post a Comment